Today, the Internet is a stack of multiple levels, tools, and games.
For ease of usage, every person has moved from a website to a smartphone application as it is easy and simple to use. Every person nowadays has a smartphones, which they carry anywhere and can use at any time.
It was revealed in a study that 70% of individuals use mobile devices for online transactions.
That’s why most retailers have invested in E-Commerce app development to attract more customers to their E-Commerce business.
But several retailers have concerns about the need for a mobile app when they already have a mobile website. So we should now look at the benefits of the mobile app over the mobile website for e-commerce.
Advantage of Mobile Applications
1. Faster than Mobile Websites
Have you ever encountered that your browser is already loading? Getting such a sluggish access to the internet is annoying. But don’t judge it too easily. Perhaps the guilty party is the mobile website itself. People prefer to use smartphone apps because they are faster and more efficient. They are specifically designed to execute specific tasks, unlike mobile websites that can serve as a browser to access various websites.
2. Provides Better User Experience
Mobile applications have higher accessibility and user-friendly features relative to mobile websites. App developers are constantly working to better their app implementations, which is why smartphone apps are getting more intuitive and complicated. The primary aim of creating mobile applications is not just to create apps that can function efficiently. Successful mobile applications are designed with an impressive user interface.
3. Specialized Features for Devices
More and more apps are being integrated with high-tech devices. The internet of things, for example, connect smart devices to streamline complicated tasks.
Tech-companies are working with app developers to maximize the capabilities of their devices and increase their sales. Point of sale systems, trackers, camera devices, and radio frequency identifications are used to help the e-commerce business flourish.
4. More Time Spent in Mobile Apps
Mobile apps are taking over the world. Users are spending more hours on mobile apps rather than browsing the internet through mobile websites. This is a good indicator that creating a mobile app is the best option when creating an e-commerce website.
A report from reputable sources shows that the number of people using mobile applications has been exponentially increasing by 6% every year, especially in fields of business such as e-commerce and retail.
5. Offers Accessibility Without Internet
The internet will not always be there to help you. But your mobile app will. Most mobile apps can still be operated without an internet connection because they are installed in your devices. This feature allows you to continue working and accomplish minor tasks until the internet comes back.
Disadvantage of Mobile Applications
1. Requires More Time and ExpensesApps could be hard to develop for your e-commerce business – and more expensive too! The most complicated part is the process. It means building apps compatible with both Android and IOS, which could mean hiring two separate developer teams for each platform. More cost and more time!
2. Comes with a Complicated ProcessIt is more complicated than you think. It doesn’t stop with hiring talented developers. There are also lots of things to consider more than just a well-planned development. You have to make many crucial decisions which can affect the entire operation of your business in the long run. Without technical expertise, you would have to rely on your team and hope that it will turn out just okay.
3. Problems in the Maintenance ProcessYou have to consider the future problems that may arise due to the changing needs of the people. Don’t forget about the trends and issues that may come along as you go forth with your business. App support is also essential. Daily maintenance should be considered to avoid losing customers. Otherwise, your client may look for better platforms.
Advantage of Mobile Website
1. Accessible to All DevicesMobile websites accessed through any device as long as there is an internet browser. Compatibility will not be a problem, giving your business a broader grasp among your customers. It doesn’t matter whether it’s Android or Apple. They don’t even need to download anything, just a good Wi-Fi connection, and they’re good to go.
2. Search Engine OptimizationIf you want to make a big boost to your company, Google ranking is your best bet. Creating a website platform for your e-commerce business would help you to build SEO strategies that will greatly boost your traffic, which is currently considered to be the fastest way to market a brand.
3. Cost-EffectivenessUnlike app development, it’s relatively easier and faster to create websites. It requires less work and complicated technical stuff. In short, mobile web development requires fewer expenses and less effort, giving you more time to focus on other important matters in your e-commerce business.
Disadvantage of Mobile Website
1. Without Offline AccessibilityYou probably already know this already, but it’s still worth mentioning. What if your customers want to browse their cart or wish list? They can’t do that in a mobile web version of your site, and that’s an automatic turn off for your customers.
2. Turtle-Like Loading SpeedThis is arguably the weakest part of mobile web solutions, especially for online shops. It hampers the performance and potential of the business just because the interface is inconvenient to use. Those pesky little buttons, zooming in and zooming out, tiny texts, and almost everything about it makes customers press the exit button with relief.
3. Maintenance and MaintenanceWebsites still ought to be updated on a regular basis. Many website owners employ professional and experienced programmers who can do the job. In addition, content on the website can also cost a lot, particularly if you are trying to improve your SEO.
4. Not-Too-Friendly InterfaceWe all know this. That’s why most users choose to use mobile apps instead of browsing the web to use their preferred platforms. Typically, a mobile website does not change its device-based interface, contributing to poor user experience.
There you go! The answer should be evident by now. There are a lot of opportunities in the e-commerce business, considering the pace of technological advancement nowadays.
You can quickly gain momentum once you launch a successful marketing strategy for your business. It’s easy to increase your traffic when you use the power of the internet. There are many marketing options available in the market
But no matter what option you might choose, the key factor will remain. You have to plan carefully and consider your situation. Gather as much information as possible to formulate the right strategy on how you can increase your sales without spending too much time, money, and effort.